The AARP Tax-Aide program, administered by the AARP Foundation in cooperation with the IRS, provides free income tax assistance to ALL eligible taxpayers, with special attention to those aged 60 or older.
- Only walk-ins are accepted at Vancouver Community Library.
Trained volunteers will assist in preparing basic Federal and Oregon personal income tax returns. Tax returns are electronically filed as a free service by Tax-Aide.
Volunteers cannot help you if you:
- sold/exchanged any digital assets in 2023 (OK if you just bought and held)
- have a business with employees, inventory, net loss, total expenses over $35,000 or have income from a hobby
- want to file Married Filing Separately
- have any rental income other than from undeveloped land with no structures
- are filing a Part-Year Oregon Return (we file Non-resident and Full Year Resident Oregon returns only; no other states)
- are a student on an F1, J, M, or Q visa or a teacher or trainee on a J visa
- have a bankruptcy or home foreclosure in 2023
Other complex situations exist which we may not be able to assist you with as well. Volunteers will review your materials for these situations at the site.
More information at https://www.fvrl.org/tax-help
Ayuda impositiva - mas información en https://www.fvrl.org/tax-help