Program Type:Class or Workshop
Control the quality of your soil with raised bed plantings and optimize space and reduce weeding chores. This presentation will give step by step instructions to design and build your own raised bed gardens. With raised beds, you get a jump on the growing season because the soil is warmer and dries out earlier than conventional row gardening soil.
- Benefits of raised bed gardening
- Designing your raised bed garden and choosing the right site
- Step by step instructions on how to build a simple raised bed
- Loading up your raised bed soil for incredible yields
- Helpful hints to winterize your raised beds
Presented by Liz Pike, WSU Extension Clark County Master Gardener.
To join this online program, you will need a computer, tablet or phone with a camera and microphone. The link to join the event will be emailed to registrants one hour before the program begins. A phone number will be included to allow you to use a phone as speaker and microphone, if necessary.
Library events and programs are open to the public and provided at no cost. Special accommodations may be requested using our Accommodation Request Form no later than 15 days prior to the event.