The AARP Tax-Aide program, administered by the AARP Foundation in cooperation with the IRS, provides free income tax assistance to ALL eligible taxpayers, with special attention to those aged 60 or older.
- Both appointments and walk-ins are accepted at Cascade Park Community Library. Appointments may be booked online when the Tax-Aide Site Locator Tool is up and running for 2024; please check back.
Trained volunteers will assist in preparing basic Federal and Oregon personal income tax returns. Assistance with the new Washington Working Family Tax Credit will also be available. Tax returns are electronically filed as a free service by Tax-Aide.
Volunteers cannot help you if you:
- sold/exchanged any digital assets in 2023 (OK if you just bought and held)
- have a business with employees, inventory, net loss, total expenses over $35,000 or have income from a hobby
- want to file Married Filing Separately
- have any rental income other than from undeveloped land with no structures
- are filing a Part-Year Oregon Return (we file Non-resident and Full Year Resident Oregon returns only; no other states)
- are a student on an F1, J, M, or Q visa or a teacher or trainee on a J visa
- have a bankruptcy or home foreclosure in 2023
Other complex situations exist which we may not be able to assist you with as well. Volunteers will review your materials for these situations at the site.
More information at https://www.fvrl.org/tax-help
Ayuda impositiva - mas información en https://www.fvrl.org/es/tax-help
- Limited onsite Spanish assistance is available at Cascade Park and Vancouver Community Libraries, and at the Marshall/Luepke Center and Vancouver Heights United Methodist Church. Limited onsite Cantonese and Mandarin is available at the Marshall/Luepke Center. It is recommended to bring a trusted translator with you if possible, however.
- Starting February 9, AARP will offer a new self-facilitated tax assistance service at Vancouver Community Library on Fridays from 11 am–3 pm. This service is intended for taxpayers with good computer skills who feel they can prepare their own returns, but who might have a few questions. Use TaxSlayer software on Tax-Aide computers to e-file state returns for free in addition to federal. Adjusted gross annual income must be less than $79,000. Available by walk-in or appointment.
Library events and programs are open to the public and provided at no cost. Special accommodations may be requested using our Disability Accommodation Request Form no later than 15 days prior to the event.
Los eventos y programas de la biblioteca están abiertos al público y se brindan sin costo. Se pueden solicitar adaptaciones especiales utilizando nuestro formulario de solicitud de adaptaciones para personas con discapacidades (en inglés) hasta 15 días antes del evento.