Program Type:Tax Help/Legal
The AARP Tax-Aide program, administered by the AARP Foundation in cooperation with the IRS, provides free income tax assistance to ALL eligible taxpayers, with special attention to those aged 60 or older.
- Only walk-ins are accepted at Vancouver Community Library.
Trained volunteers will assist in preparing basic Federal and Oregon personal income tax returns.
However, volunteers cannot help you if you:
- owned any virtual currencies in 2022
- have a business with employees, inventory, net loss, total expenses over $35,000 or have income from a hobby
- want to file Married Filing Separately
- have any rental income other than from undeveloped land with no structures
- are filing a Part-Year Oregon Return (we file Non-resident and Full Year Resident Oregon returns only; no other states)
Other complex situations exist which we may not be able to assist you with as well. Volunteers will review your materials for these situations at the site.
Tax returns are electronically filed as a free service by Tax-Aide.
More information at https://www.fvrl.org/tax-help
Ayuda impositiva 2023 - mas información en https://www.fvrl.org/tax-help
Library events and programs are open to the public and provided at no cost. Special accommodations may be requested using our Disability Accommodation Request Form no later than 15 days prior to the event.
Los eventos y programas de la biblioteca están abiertos al público y se brindan sin costo. Se pueden solicitar adaptaciones especiales utilizando nuestro formulario de solicitud de adaptaciones para personas con discapacidades (en inglés) hasta 15 días antes del evento.