Book Group: Catch up with the Classics
Program Type:Book Group
Do you have any classics on your to-read list that you’ve been meaning to get around to? Now is the perfect time! Join our Catch Up With the Classics book group to discuss a classic work of literature each month on the third Wednesday.
This month, rather than selecting a single title for everyone to read, we invite readers to participate in a literary society style discussion.
1. Select any work of classic literature that you would like to read. The book should be a "classic," but you can define that however you choose.
2. Read your book, or make your best attempt, prior to the discussion date.
3. Come prepared to tell us about the book you selected and to hear about the books others read.
Not sure what to tell us when we meet? Here are some questions to consider as you read:
1. What originally sparked your interest in this book?
2. Did it live up to your expectations? Did anything surprise you?
3. What makes it a classic to you?
4. Would you recommend it to others?
Many books are available to download through OverDrive. If you are not already an OverDrive user, it is free to use with your library card. You can find information for getting started here. If you prefer a physical copy, you can also browse our catalog to see what we have available for check out.
To join this online program, you will need a computer, tablet or phone with a camera and microphone.
*A phone number will be included to allow you to use a phone as speaker and microphone, if necessary.
Library events and programs are open to the public and provided at no cost. Special accommodations may be requested using our Disability Accommodation Request Form no later than 15 days prior to the event.
Los eventos y programas de la biblioteca están abiertos al público y se brindan sin costo. Se pueden solicitar adaptaciones especiales utilizando nuestro formulario de solicitud de adaptaciones para personas con discapacidades (en inglés) hasta 15 días antes del evento.